Monday, June 11, 2007

Musee D'Orsay



I think my favourite Art Gallery is the Musee D'Orsay. It has a collection of paintings & sculptures covering the period 1848 to 1914 which is wonderful, naturellement. It also has an extensive collection of Art Nouveau & Art Deco objets. There is a marvelous room completely decked out in these exquisite pieces. Standing in it, you really know what the velvet rope is for.

I like very much the structure of the building itself. It's built in the old Orsay railway station, and the museum part is sitting inside the outer shell. So you get a double sense of architecture. I'll be going there during my Travels With My Aunt in September. She is a painter. She has never been to Paris. Oh boy.

2 comments:

Sara Sue said...

What a magnificent shot! I, sadly, have never been to Paris either. It is on my list of things to do before I die. I can't wait to see the pictures from your trip!

Cissy Strutt said...

Stay tuned - I'll be posting a few D'Orsay pics in the coming week or so.