Thursday, September 20, 2007

Pennys Lane / feel the love


So you've turned left out of my building and passed the corner, remembering to give the firies a cheery wave. You've walked under the Poo On Sticks (supressing your invountary shiver as you recall Colonel Colonel's dire warning). Now you cross over Kings Cross Road and duck into the mouth of Pennys Lane.

Despite the charming name, Pennys Lane is a dank, dark, short, ugly alley, where the back doors of apartment buildings and a supermarket disgorge their filth. It was here that my yoga teacher, Fonda Asana, saw a very large, very thick donger out on display one morning. You get the idea. it's horrid.

Nevertheless, Jane and Lulu felt the love right there. Maybe we all should feel the love, too. Wherever we can find it.

15 comments:

Mike said...

When I was younger I used to feel the love in horrid alleyways every chance I got.

Anonymous said...

Lulu's back in town?

Cissy Strutt said...

mike: Even if the alley was horrid, I'm sure the love was lovely.

anaglyph: I might not get back home at all.

FreeOscar said...

I told her not to write that about us.

Cissy Strutt said...

Awww, but she wanted to share ...

Sara Sue said...

I laughed and laughed at this! Thank you, Sister Lulu!

Cissy Strutt said...

You are most welcome, Sister Jane.

And to all the Sister Janes & Lulus, Brother Jims & Lennys - spread the love. Be Like Mike, take every chance you get. Find it where you can, dive into it, embrace it, relish it, and send it out into the world.

here today, gone tomorrow said...

I'm exhausted and I'm ready to feel the love. Thanks for this, cissy.

Forrest Proper said...

In Pennys Lane,
Just past the firies
With their “poles for lass”,
Miss Jane and Lulu
Felt the love there with no screen-
No need to keep the alley clean,
Let the love-fest scream!

Joey Polanski said...

Theres nevr a promise that weell live much longr,

So feel th love, or at least my dongr.

Cissy Strutt said...

Find ye love in scented valleys
Up firies poles, in putrid alleys,
Love waits not for one who dallies,
but likes to get in quick.

Love rests on soft and fluffy boobs
Love rises up pink meaty tubes
Love loves oils, unguents, ointments, lubes,
And lives at Ginger Stick.

Chickie said...

What's so horrid about a very large, very thick donger?

I hope donger means what I think it does.

Cissy Strutt said...

Yes, my dear chickie, it means exactly what you think it does.

Phoebe Fay said...

Let's have an adventure, shall we?
We'll root about a dank, dark alley.
Maybe we'll see a great big donger.
If it doesn't kill us, it'll make us stronger.

Yes, adventures we'll have on Pennys Lane
We'll try anything once, and then try it again.

Cissy Strutt said...

Hooray for Phoebe. You made me laugh - out loud, even.