Wednesday, October 24, 2007

everywhere I go there are nudes


Last evening, coming home from an execrable theatre performance which was mercifully brief, I was sitting wearily beside my companion as he steered the car down City Road towards Cleveland Street.

From nowhere, the road was filled with nude young men, weaving between the cars and running along the footpath. They gleamed in the streetlights and car lamps, these naked boys, all shapes and sizes, intoxicated with their own youth and daring. I swear they were giggling as they ran, shoed but unclothed, about twenty five of them. One held firmly onto his donger, but the others obeyed the Streakers' Code and let their flesh move as it would. They streamed past us, and turned into the forbidding Victorian stone gates of Sydney University, their buttocks winking their hilarious farewell at us, heavy and stationary in our cars, sad that we were old and clothed, and scrambling to remember the last time we raced through the dark in the nick.

15 comments:

Cissy Strutt said...

... and thank you to Schatzi for allowing me to publish a photograph of the back of him. In the nuddy.

Malach the Merciless said...

Wow, in Amercan there would have been a gun battle

Catalyst said...

There's nothing like Ass-tralia.

Forrest Proper said...

Intoxicated with "youth and daring"? That's rhyming slang for something slightly more potent, yes?

FreeOscar said...

BE FREE & LET ALL DONGERS DANGLE!

Cissy Strutt said...

Skin is In !!

malach: Only one boy had his hand on his gun.

catalyst: You know you would love it here.

colonel: Try as I might I cannot find a smutty rhyme for 'daring'.

cuntie: You're singing our National Anthem.

Anonymous said...

Even the politicians are in on the act. I've heard both Kevin Rudd and John Howard talking about 'nude erections' this week.

Kevin was going to 'follow some nude erections' and Little Johnny was going to have his party 'adopt some nude erections'.

2007! The Year of Nude Erections!

Sara Sue said...

I love, love, LOVE this post! It has it all, Cissy! Nude, wangs flapping, nostalgia ... beautiful!

If I may rhyme with daring ... how 'bout smelly herring?

Cissy Strutt said...

anaglyph: If only. If only they'd all get nude. Not for our viewing pleasure (hardly!), but to remind them all of our common humanity.

But let's not forget that even Greg Taylor, the sculptor who's subjects are always nude, was forced to clothe his John Howard.

sara sue: I'm so glad you think so. And your rhyme is naughty and fun.

Sara Sue said...

I almost forgot, thank Schatzi for me too! I'm beginning to think I should have been born in Australia.

Cissy Strutt said...

I will indeed pass on you gratitude, dear sara. Schatzi, like many many Australians, was not in fact born here.

Phoebe Fay said...

Oh that's lovely. Just lovely. I want to come to Australia and see high-spirited young men dashing through the park in the buff!

Cissy Strutt said...

Oh phoebe you would be so welcome - we might even join them!

here today, gone tomorrow said...

Wow....serendipity. A pack of young man flapping free. And that is a beautiful back and butt. Thank you, cissy and Schatzi.

Cissy Strutt said...

hereT: It was a rare case of virtue being rewarded. I sat through that godawful play, then I got to see some true theatre.